Sunday 27 May 2012

About this Blog

Food is incredibly important in this house. It's not simply about fuelling the body with energy, it's about spending time together as a family, eating nourishing, well-cooked meals, and giving the kids the opportunity to try lots of different foods.

It's not always been this way, and although I was brought up my parents who were interested in cooking and food, it took a while for me to come around to their way of thinking. I'm not such an ardent foodie that everything is covered with foams, reductions and veloutes, but I do appreciate good ingredients, simple recipes and tasty food. Since having kids this interest in food has been pulled into even sharper focus; for the first time I'm responsible for feeding not only the adults in the house but the little people too. I want my kids to grow up healthy and with a good knowledge of food and cooking.

And that's what this blog is all about. Food, cooking and kids.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment